Home Manufacturers Honda 2002 Rancher and Rancher ES
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
FourTrax Rancher ES/FourTrax Rancher
The Honda FourTrax Rancher ES with Honda's revolutionary Electric Shift Program (ESP) and FourTrax Rancher are the best full-sized 2WD ATVs you can buy. They're designed for the rider who demands Honda's legendary innovation, proven durability and superb performance.
Features & Benefits
• ES model with ESP(tm) (Electric Shift Program) features push-button upshifting and downshifting. The rider shifts simply and precisely with the press of the upshift or downshift button mounted on the left handlebar. An onboard electronic control module (ECM) monitors information from four sensors--engine rpm, countershaft speed, gear position and shift spindle angle--to control the speed of the electric shift motor's gear and clutch engagement. Gear engagement speed varies according to rider style: The transmission shifts more quickly when riding style turns sporty. A neutral lockout at speeds greater than 2 mph ensures available engine braking when descending hills. To ensure smooth shifting, the transmission cannot be shifted from neutral to first gear or reverse gear at engine speeds above 3000 rpm. ESP is not battery-dependent, operating whenever the engine is running. Should the rider ever need to shift manually, the Rancher(tm) ES is also equipped with an auxiliary shift lever in the tool kit.
• Powerful, rugged OHV air-cooled 329cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct drive-shaft alignment to rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
• Unique dry-sump oiling system places the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering engine height and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
• Standard oil cooler with cooling fan assures optimal engine lubrication under difficult operating conditions.
• Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
• Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use power band.
• Integral electric carburetor heater system improves driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
• Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
• Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
• Five-speed transmission with reverse includes an ultra-low first gear.
• Convenient electric starter, with auxiliary recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
• Stainless steel exhaust header and muffler for superior corrosion resistance.
• DC CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
• Powerful, 245-watt AC generator.
• Reusable foam air filter.
• Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 9.7 inches of ground clearance.
• Steering mechanism design features light effort and a tight turning radius of 8.5 feet.
• Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
• Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 5.9 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
• Tough, large-diameter 24 x 8-12 front, 25 x 11-10 rear tires provide added ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
• Triple-sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum.
• Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
• ES model has multi-function LCD digital instrumentation that is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes LED lights for reverse, neutral, and oil temperature warning indicators.
• Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
• Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds respectively.
• Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
• Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.4-gallon capacity.
• Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
• Snorkel-type air intake system is specially designed for water crossings.
• ES model features uniquely designed floorboards, a Honda first, which allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while keeping mud and debris away from the rider's feet.
• Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
• Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
• Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
• Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
• USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
• Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
• Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
• Keyed ignition switch for added security.
• Triple skidplates.
• Easy-to-use parking brake.
• Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
• Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
• Standard tool kit includes a tire pressure gauge.
• G.V.W.R. is 999 pounds TRX350TE / 985 pounds TRX350TM.
• Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
• Transferable six-month limited warranty.
• Flag kit.
• Cooling fan kit.
Model: TRX350TE (with ESP) / TRX350TM
Engine Type: 329cc air-cooled OHV dry-sump longitudinally mounted single cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 78.5mm x 68mm
Carburetion: 32mm CV
Ignition: DC CDI
Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
Transmission: ESP five-speed with reverse / Five-speed with reverse
Driveline: Direct rear drive-shaft
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 5.9 inches travel
Front: Triple-sealed hydraulic drum
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Front: 24 x 8-12
Rear: 25 x 11-10
Length: 78.1 inches
Width: 45.0 inches
Height: 44.1 inches
Seat Height: 32.0 inches
Ground Clearance: 9.7 inches
Wheelbase: 49.3 inches / 45.0 inches
Turning Radius: 8.5 feet
Dry Weight: 511 pounds / 498 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gallons, including 0.8-gallon reserve
Colors: Red, Orange, Olive